Sunday 17 May 2015

NEW OUTFIT/GOODSHIRT.

This weekend I found a spare moment to work on a sewing project that I'd been planning for some time - a matching skirt and top set that I designed and cut out several months ago.
I'd originally envisioned this being a summer outfit, but I have the terrible habit of over-occupying myself with multiple things, and so some ideas (like this one!) happen far more slowly than I'd like.
I completed the skirt but the top, as it turns out, remains a task to be completed another day!


I decided to wear my new creation out the following night, accessorising with a hibiscus hair flower to match the ones printed on the fabric:


and thus achieved a rather bright and summer-y look, in contrast to the cold and miserable weather we've been having!

Outfit details
Hair flower: Made by me
Sweater: Valleygirl
Belt: Malco Modes
Skirt: Made by me
Shoes: Op-shop (or thrift store, as they say in America)

That evening, I joined a couple of friends for a bite to eat and a concert.
The waitress left an excessive number of napkins on our table, so my friend Dan began making them into a charming family of origami cranes:


and then, the gig! The band in question, Goodshirt, are a recently reformed local band who were popular here in New Zealand from around 2002 until announcing their hiatus in 2005. As a teenager I was quite a fan, not in the least because of the series of clever one take music videos they released.
Here are a couple of my favourites:


It was a fun show, and lead singer Rodney was kind enough to pose for a couple of silly (and very poor iphone quality) pics with me:


So that was my weekend, in a nutshell. How was yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment